Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The 2yrs worth of housework finally has caught up with me...the price I pay for the memories I've made.

you know- I look around this mess of a house- and was getting overwhelmed a bit-wondering how in the world we aquired all this stuff.All this stuff thats not relavant,where did it all come from? I keep pulling things from the cabinets and closets I haven't seen in years, and then it hits me-I remember, for the past two years I have been shoving everything in those cabinets and closets.
Back when I told myself- that these days of Sara-Grace being so small I could rock to sleep- and the days that she's begging for me to hold her-I told myself it would be just a moment in time-that I'd never get back and I wasn't wasting any of those precious moments on house work-the house work would still be there-I'd say: and sure enough, now these days she can put herself to bed- and doesn't need to be held as often, and is becomming more independant has left me more time to actually aknowledge the mess I've closed the door to this entire time. So now, yes now- two years later-I am finally catching up on the past two years of housework-organizing and purging.In the grand scheme of things- that dirty floor, that I chose not to mop-because Sara-Grace said "Mommy hold me" and I did...I'm just so glad I went against my instincts-and I chose the time with my baby-I would so regret looking back now wishing that I'd waited on cleaning the bathroom just to get that one night back to rock her to sleep-I can honestly say-I don't have a moment in Sara-Grace's life I wish I could get back- and do again, I can look back and know I didn't miss anything, I don't wish I'd done anything diffrent, I have cherished every single moment and second that God has given to me with this precious child of mine. I am so grateful to have a husband-who ,didn't demand perfection from me, and who works so hard to provide a life that I can stay home and be here with our baby, if it meant we had to live in a cardboard box-I'd still stay home, to be here with her for every moment I begged God for . So to all the new mothers: yes it's true- the time with your baby is so limited, enjoy and cherish it. The sleepless nights are to be moments you thank God for-when you rock them back to sleep-but as they say "the housework will still be there" and I am a testiment-in the long run it's worth it-but my advice is to plan on budgeting for a maid when your finally ready to get started.lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers